CSS Flex week was abruptly interrupted, by a sudden attack of bacteria. The beginning of the week started great. An online business card, cleaning up the design of the home page, until suddenly bam and put me together. Despite everything, I consider the week to be successful.
To begin with, fun with flex. Thanks to the CSS flex capability, I was able to reorganize the first-page view on my homepage. Of course, it was not without problems. I could even write that the demons of the past have returned if it were not for the fact that these are normal challenges in the world of Frontend. The pictures do not want to align, the text is flowing away, something flies out behind the border, etc. It used to me off. Now it’s a challenge for me. I combine, check, and mix the layout of the content in HTML and finally succeed. It looks good and is aligned as it should be.
Coming back to flex for a moment, there is a nice website available to train your skills in this tool https://flexboxfroggy.com/ where you can practice flex functions, trying to put frogs on the right leaves. Fun and the operation of individual flex functions fall into the head better than by nervously setting elements on the page.
This week I embraced a new level of Git support on the remote repo. So far, I have created and managed branches only locally. For my repo on Github, I sent commits only to the master. I know that in teamwork it is unacceptable to commit to a master, but hey for now I’m acting solo. Locally, I developed new fitchers on a dedicated branch, and when the result was satisfactory, I did merge on master and pee on Github. This week, however, there was a small problem. Fitcher was big, and I really wanted to work outside the home so I had to send a dedicated branch to Github. Tough. At the Gita course, Maciek talked about how to do it, but browse the whole course from scratch to find this fragment. There was no time. In the first step, it turned out that Visual Studio Code allows you to throw local branches on a remote repo, without knowing git commands. Great, it temporarily solved my problem and allowed me to work outside the home. Eventually, however, it was necessary to clean up the repo and I sat down to the course. I watched and it turned out that there are no spells, and the command “git push origin branch_name” solves the problem of 🙂
That’s probably what I like the most about learning programming. Despite the fact that I learn on my own, I can easily simulate working in a group. I have projects written in Trello, I practice working with remote repo, I think that it will pay off in teamwork one day.
This week I spent eight and a half hours learning frontend.